Monday, February 21, 2011

essential oils



It doesn't matter how much I clean - my dog lulu still seems to take over the smell of our house - baking and cooking helps temporarily in the winter - but Ive found that essential oils spread around the house works in a nice subtle way - we are all very sensitive to smelly smells so it has to seem almost natural.

The march issue of whole living has some good scent combinations I want to try. I pass my magazines onto my mom so wanted to record here - essential oil combinations here

more specific combinations I want to try
30 drops grapefruit
15 drops rosemary
5 drops mint
................................

30 drops lavender
15 drops chamomile
5 drops ylang ylang
................................

50 drops bergamot
30 drops atlas cedarwood
20 drops geranium

2 comments:

Ape said...

i've found that if i drop a bunch of essential oils drops into our humidifier and let that go for the day it makes a pretty big difference.

now if only you could infuse the couch cushions!

Hi.d said...

oh great idea I am going to try that tomorrow thanks!