Monday, May 16, 2011

rainy morning




the last for awhile I think
it was still kind of nice - we made baked oatmeal (from super natural cooking - but this link to the recipe is to another great food blog lottie +doof)
though I changed it a bit - used strawberries and blueberries and pecans instead of walnuts - and substituted 1/2 cup of the milk with cream - topped with a little cream and syrup when serving too - it was a rainy weekend day - you need a little more on days like that I think. We also made butter - I had never done that - just shake a jar of cream for 20 minutes. It was fun - I think I had more fun than the girls though - we baked some bread to put our freshly made butter on...I felt a little pioneerish

1 comment:

Amy said...

This sounds like the perfect rainy day Heidi. The baked oatmeal sounds so yummy (and I love that you subsituted cream for some of the milk... cream makes everything better). Making bread and butter... yes, you are a pioneer women!