Wednesday, August 17, 2011

bark at art






my friend april put together this great poster show - bark at art - to benefit the pet project - 100% of door donations, and 80% of poster sales will benefit The Pet Project

The Pet Project helps people keep their pets by providing pet food and basic supplies to those who are struggling. The Pet Project also provides connections to basic veterinary care and information on finding pet-friendly housing.

Gallery 122 and The Barkery are teaming up to host a benefit for The Pet Project. “Bark at Art” will feature limited edition, signed and numbered prints by local and national artists that are inspired by our furry, four-legged companions. “BARK at ART” will run from August 19 through September 10, 2011, with a pet friendly** opening reception held on August 19, from 7-10 PM. The exhibition and opening reception are free and open to the public. Guests are asked to help The Pet Project by bringing unopened bags of pet food, new/gently used supplies, or a suggested donation of $5.

This is my contribution inspired by my dog lulu. I used iron-on transfer on paper the ink melted a little which gave it the look I wanted and then hand-painted the word love in ink. Looking froward to this friday night - excited to take lulu for a night out!

4 comments:

betting_im_not said...

where can I buy this print if I don't like near you?? I would LOVE one as a house warming present for a friend!

Ape said...

so cute! love the iron on transfer idea. can't wait to see lulu!

Amy said...

Love it!!!!

Hi.d said...

betting Im not
They are not selling these prints online. However if there are still prints after the show I will put up on my etsy site for sale and donate to the charity. Do you need this before september 10?