Wednesday, November 09, 2011

a good one


and I'm still using stuff from the garden!
inspired by a pretty empty refrigerator...

big bunch of swiss chard
2 cloves garlic - minced and chopped
basil pesto (I used 4 ice cube sized so probably about 1/4 a cup - I freeze pesto in ice-cube trays so I can pop little bursts of basil all winter)
the last of my tomatoes (ripened in a brown bag - about 2 cups chopped
1/4 cup kalamata olives
feta cheese
Parmesan
spaghetti noodles

Cook pasta as directed

Trim the stalks from the swiss chard chop
saute garlic and swiss chard stalks in olive oil - about 3-5 minutes
add frozen pesto, coarsely chopped swiss chard leaves, tomatoes
simmer on low until swiss chard is wilted
remove from heat but let sit for 5 -10 minutes to thicken
salt and pepper to taste

mix with pasta
add feta and Parmesan

No comments: